YTB video of the real assembly process:
YTB video of the blade adjustment:
This LC Slicer – redesign 2019, was focused on production processes and supplier base. Previous material Dibond was substituted by Acrylic plastic which can be cut by laser. By doing so, we managed to keep low manufacturing costs and ensure affordability for end users. In the event of damage to or wear of any part, it is not a problem to ask LC Tools to send a spare part.
We firmly believe that this redesigned tool will become as popular as other tools from the LC Tools professional series and will quickly expand among enthusiasts for polymer clay.
We would appreciate if you sent us the images and projects in which LC Slicer was used. Interesting projects will be shared on Lucy Clay social networks.
Basic parts of LC Slicer:
- Baseplate Frame
- 2x Rail Glides
- Slicing Platform
- Backstop Support
- EASE Module V4 (2x L brackets and threaded rod)
- Slicer Blade
- Slicer Blade Handle
- SAFETY Knob
- Front frame deckel
The New LC Slicer is made from Laser Cut acrylic board.
The LC Slicer can be set up with Left or Right Handed orientation of your preference. To change to the Left position, you can turn over the front frame deckel, the baseplate and the slicing platform with the ease module to the other side.
- The LC Slicer should only be used for slicing polymer clay.
- Before using the LC Slicer, make sure to place it on a firm horizontal surface/anti-slip mat.
- Once you finish working with the LC Slicer, make sure to put the Slicer Blade down and securing Blade with the red SAFETY Knob tightened to secure. This should prevent accidental contact of the Slicer Blade and the hand. Cover the blade by the red magnetic sheet with the simple scale to prevent any interaction with the blade’s edge which is very sharp.
- The LC Slicer is not intended for children and must not be used by children unattended by a responsible adult.
- The Slicer Blade is very sharp and can easily cause a cut or injury. To lift the blade, use the handle only.
- Keep the blade clean with no residues of polymer clay. When cleaning the Blade, pay special attention and never clean with bare hands or your fingers, use a cloth/wipe instead in a downward motion. Using a tong type tool to hold cloth /wipe is recommended.
- Always follow the safety instructions for the protection of yourself and of the others.
- LC Tools s.ro. is not responsible for any injuries or damages resulting from inappropriate handling of LC Slicer.
Every part may be covered on at least one side by the protective green or white/transparent plastic sheet which supposes to be removed prior next assembly.
1. Handle assembly
Insert the handle into the front H-shape deckle and fix it by 2x nuts.
2. Installation of the frame on the baseboard
ATTENTION: Observe Left / Right option !!!
Put the assembled Blade Frame on the main board and secure with 4 screws/nuts.
3. Putting the base platform into the baseboard
When you insert the platform into the baseboard you can secure them together with the last screw, which keeps your slicing platform secured in position.
4. Safety knob support installation
Use double sided tape applied on the small Safety Knob Support part. Position for alignment of the Safety Knob.
5. Blade edge balancing steps
Please watch video instruction.
Loosen the 2 screws holding the slicer blade on H-shape deckel and adjust the gap between the blade’s edge and slicing platform making sure the blade is level and evenly touches the span of the platform. Then tighten both screws.
You can adjust the gap anytime when needed.
The threaded rod should be practically free of any play, but it has to spin easily. Use the supplied key.
Never put your hand under the edge of the blade. Clean the blade in the lower position. Never clean the blade in any other way.