Assembly instructions – quick installation
Do not forget to set the blade! This step is essential!
This small compact LC Mini Slicer – redesign 2019, as well as the previous model of the LC Mini Slicer has no ambition to replace its “sister” LC Slicer – a professional slicer tool.
Nevertheless, our intention was to improve handling in the process of slicing and user comfort, primarily the incremental advancement of clay cane up to the Slicing Blade position. With the intention to improve SAFETY we managed to hide the blade in the frame so that it is not visible when not working.
That is why we have borrowed the move of the EASE module from the LC Slicer and have tried to tune it to a perfect design while keeping the manufacturing as simple as possible.
The whole design is created for modern production using a laser, with MDF board and the program data cuts out all parts exactly from the MDF board.
For the LC Mini Slicer, we have chosen MDF material, which is strong enough and affordable. By doing so, we manage to keep low manufacturing costs and ensure affordability for end users. In the event of damage to or wear of any part, it is not a problem to ask LC Tools to send a spare part.
We firmly believe that this redesigned tool will become as popular as other tools from the LC Tools professional series and will quickly expand among enthusiasts for polymer clay.
We would appreciate if you sent us images and projects where you work with your LC Mini Slicer. Interesting projects will be shared in Lucy Clay social networks.
Basic parts of LC Mini Slicer:
- 2x L Brackets
- 2x Rail Glides
- Slicing Platform
- Backstop Support
- EASE Module (2x L brackets and threaded rod)
- Double Frame Blade Arch
- Slicer Blade
- Slicer Blade Handle
- SAFETY Knob
- Baseplate Frame
A full turn of the knob moves the platform 1mm forward.
The backstop support is not designed to be used as a backrest for polymer canes. The smallest gap between the backstop support and the blade is about 30 mm.
The new LC Mini Slicer is fabricated from laser cut MDF board. In the manufacturing process carbon residue may be present on the edges of the MDF components in this kit. The process of laser cutting darkens the MDF board permanently as the laser precisely maps and burns/cuts each component. This is not a defect but the nature of the manufacturing process.
The components of your LC mini slicer may be personalized or painted if desired.
- THE LC Mini Slicer should only be used for slicing polymer clay.
- Before using the LC Mini Slicer, make sure to place it on a firm horizontal surface/anti-slip mat.
- When you are finished working with the LC Mini Slicer, make sure to raise the slicer blade up into the Double Frame Arch, covering and securing blade with the Red SAFTEY Knob tightened to secure.
- The LC Mini Slicer is not intended children and must not be used by children unattended by a responsible adult.
- Slicer Blade is very sharp and can easily cause cut or injury. Use blade handle only to lift and lower the blade.
- Keep blade clean from residue of polymer clay. When cleaning the blade, pay special attention to never clean with bare hands or your finger. Use a cloth/wipe in a downward motion. Using a tong type tool to hold cloth/wipe is recommended.
- Always follow safety instructions for protection of yourself and others.
- LC Tools s.r.o. Is not responsible for any injuries or damage resulting from inappropriate handling of LC Mini Slicer.
1. Attach the secured Double Frame Blade Arch to the protruding L Brackets in the Baseplate at both ends and secured with 2x M5 screws and washers from the front, and 2x flanged M5 nuts tightened from behind.
2. Do not forget to set the blade! This step is essential!
The blade must be aligned so that it is parallel to the surface plane of the Slicing Platform. It must neither hang below the level nor above the Slicing Platform. Simply adjust the position of the hinge bolt with the wing nut to move the blade upward or downward in the oval hole and tighten when Slicing Blade placement is correct.
Watch the video: How to set the blade.
DIY KIT – previous model with EASE and glue process:
The threaded rod should be practically free of any play, but it has to spin easily. Use the supplied key.
Never put your hand under the edge of the blade. Clean the blade in the lower position. Never clean the blade in any other way.
Order LC Mini Slicer now: