Czextruder is a robust, metal, high-quality Czech product for polymer clay designed to be used with a cordless drilling machine (max. 180 rpm).
Preparation and use:
- Remove Czextruder and attachments from the package.
- Loosen and unscrew the bottom cap on the tube/barrel the part where you insert an extruding disk).
- Start spinning the hex piece (or handle) and push out the white cylinder with two o-rings.
- Remove the cylinder from the tube/barrel and eventually clean it (when repeating/finishing step no. 12).
- Loosen up and unscrew the upper cap and take it out together with the threaded rod.
- Slide/rewind the upper cap to the other side of a threaded rod.
- Now loosen the jam nut using a mini wrench and unscrew the hex end extension for a cordless drill (in case you want to use the cranked handle if you want to use the cordless drill then just tighten the jam nut).
- Now screw in the cranked handle (Z shape) to the threaded rod, up to the end.
- Tighten the jam nut using a mini wrench to hold the handle in its place.
- Insert the cylinder with two o-rings into the tube/barrel and push it about 2 centimeters inside. Put and screw in the upper cap with a threaded rod.
- Now insert the disk into the bottom cap, load the well-prepared clay into the tube/barrel and screw it back in.
- Czextruder is now ready for use. Spin the handle/cordless drill adapter until the upper cap reaches the red visual helper. You must stop extruding at this point. Otherwise, there is a possibility that the mechanism can get stuck.
- Now continue with step no. 2.
Follow these maintenance steps to keep your Czextruder in proper condition:
1. Do not tighten Czextruder at the end of the tube/barrel without inserted disk and loaded clay as you could damage the threads or the cylinder with o-rings.
2. Clean the cylinder/o-rings/tube after each use from the remaining clay!
3. From time to time, remove o-rings from the cylinder and clean it from clay residue. We also recommend doing the same with the cylinder.
4. When you finish your work with Czextruder, take out the cylinder (see step no. 3) and clean it thoroughly from the remaining clay!
5. Use LC Lubricant for the threaded rod and caps to reduce friction.
Length XXL 20 cm
Designed for regular disk with a diameter of 18,6 mm.
LC Disks (Lucy Clay® Tools) is an accessory for polymer clay designed not only for CZEXTRUDER. It comes in compact mini CD size (8 cm) or in a rectangular shape (8 x 8.5 cm). There are 107 different patterns prepared for you and more to come.
Features of LC Disks:
• A wide range of profiles, which is constantly expanding.
• Some profiles are specifically designed for mutual pairing.
• It’s made of stainless steel for a long service life.
Preparation and use of mini disks:
- Remove small disk with a pattern from disk container (mini CD) by twisting. Clean the connection nubs with sandpaper or nail clippers.
- The mini disk is now ready for insertion into Czextruder.
Outer diameter: 18,6 mm
Material: stainless steel, color paint
Intended not only for CZEXTRUDER.
LC Vise – magnetic click system
A great supporting tool for work with CZEXTRUDER. Enjoy hands-free extruding.
Preparation and use:
1a. Remove vises, magnets and sheet metal magnetic pads from the package.
2a. Using supplied screws, attach the magnets to the vises.
3a. Take your Czextuder and unscrew the bottom cap. Insert the Czextruder into LC Vise HD. Screw the Czextruder into the LC Vise and balance LC Vise HD.
1b Remove the base, vises, magnets and sheet metal magnetic pads from the package.
2b Using supplied screws, attach the magnets to the board.
3b. Attach vises to the base using screws and wingnuts included in the package. Do not tighten them completely! Screw in the Czextruder and balance both vises. Then you can tighten all wingnuts.
4. Stick the self-stick tape on the sheet metal magnetic pads.
5. Place the sheet metal magnetic pads on the magnets.
6. Remove the release paper from every piece of tape. Place your Czextruder on the desired place.
7. Unscrew the Czextruder and insert extruding mini disk into the vise.
8. Insert clay into Czextruder’s barrel and screw the Czextruder into the vise. To keep your Czextruder in proper condition, be sure that vises are well balanced.
9. Attach the crank handle to the back of the Czextruder or hex piece extension for use with a cordless drill.
10. You are ready to work!
Lucy Clay Tools guide